Powered by Blogger.

About us

About us
My hubby and I have been married for 15 years. We have 4 boys and live in Laie HI. Where my husband works for BYU Hawaii.

Search This Blog

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Driftwood Christmas Tree

Our Uncle has the the most unique  yet pretty darn cool business . He has come up with a way to make Christmas trees out of driftwood. Check out this website. http://www.bluesomersault.com/index.html
 He sent me the starter kit to make my own driftwood Christmas tree. I was really excited!

We have a ton of small driftwood on our beaches and I have toyed around in the past making different things with it.( none of which turned out) except for this. Thanks Greg!




We started by collecting and arranging the pieces from smallest to largest.

Then we wrapped our driftwood in this beautiful Hawaiian sarong.. I Forgot a bag..:)


Then we got out the drill and went to town drilling each piece and then connected them all. 
IT was pretty easy!

 We HAD to take it to the beach and put a beautiful  Hawaiian flower atop with the Hawaiian beach in the background. Love my driftwood tree! Thanks Greg and Kate!!

My driftwood creation ..hehe 

2 comments: